The Canadian HARD of HEARING Association – Hamilton Branch
CHHA-Hamilton is one of many Branches of the Canadian HARD of HEARING Association. It is a non-profit organization led by hard of hearing and deafened individuals with varying degrees of hearing loss. CHHA advocates the rights and needs of hard of hearing and deafened persons at the municipal level in an effort to break down social barriers, create awareness and fully integrate hard of hearing and deafened persons into our city.
• is a self-help support group made up of hard of hearing people, who have come together to share their problems, needs, experiences and strategies for coping.
• If you have a hearing loss, you have lots of company.1 out of every 10 people has some degree of hearing loss, and for people over 50, that number rises to 1 out of 5. Those who seek help for their hearing loss learn to lead happy, successful lives.
• One of the greatest sources of help for hard of hearing people comes from sharing experiences with others who are similarly afflicted.
• Through CHHA, we are able to offer you that source of help.
Become a Member!
* We are persons with hearing loss
* We are parents, family members and neighbours
* We believe in Advocacy
* We believe in Removing Barriers
* We believe in Integration
* We believe in Getting Involved!